Yum Instagram

Friday 20 February 2015

Pretty in Pink

Hey Food lovers ,
Hope you had a wonderful week ... So after a busy week now it's time to relax and bake some goodies. For this week I have for you all some scrumptious sweet vanilla cupcakes with the cutest pink frosting to go with.

This week was so hectic and busy that I was so super looking forward to get to the point when I can just bake and get to write this blog post for you but on the bright side this weekend I have a family get away finally getting a break from the everyday hectic routine, in fact as I am writing this post I am looking and enjoying a splendid sea view and eating some delicious food that they serve here , its so beautiful and calm its as if I am no longer in Malta, and went some place else. You can check out instagram @numnumblog for photos of the views and food from this weekend

So first I had in mind to do black and white themed cupcakes as my sister bought me some black and white cupcake liner but then I went with some cute bright and fun pink frosted cupcakes as I finally found rose pink food dye , its so pretty and made the frosting look like cotton candy. Since the frosting is super sweet I did a plain vanilla cupcake to go with and they paired perfectly with the sweetness of the frosting and the subtle taste of vanilla.

For the Vanilla cupcakes it's an easy recipe that will get you a fluffy vanilla cupcakes ;
Ingredients: 

  • Self Rising Flour (2cups) 
  • Caster sugar (1/2 cup)
  • Baking powder (1&1/2 tsp) 
  • Melted Butter (1/3 cup)
  • 3 egg whites 
  • Milks (1/2 cup)
  • Vanilla extract (1&1/2t tsp)

  1. Mix the flour , sugar and the baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
  2. preheat the oven to 250 degrees. 
  3. Melt the Butter on low heat and add it to the mixture 
  4. Add the egg whites, Milk and vanilla extract .
  5. Mix well 
  6. line the cupcake liners and fill them half way 
  7. and bake for 15 to 20 minutes 

And for the Pretty pink Frosting;

  • 1 cup white sugar 
  • 1/3 cup water 
  • 1/2 tsp cream of tartar 
  • 1 tsp vanilla 
  • 2 egg whites 
  • confectioners sugar  
  1. Beat the egg whites and vanilla until fluffy and can hold a small peak. 
  2. In a small saucepan mix in the white sugar , cream of tartar and the water until the sugar is all melted 
  3. while whisking the egg and vanilla mixture gradually add the sugar mixture and mix. 
  4. Once whisked add confectioners sugar as for you consistency liking how thick you want your frosting to be. 

Bon Apetit, 
xx 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram